Vinegar Cleaning Tips
Why clean with vinegar?
There are several every day uses for cleaning with vinegar instead of chemical based cleaning products. Cleaning with vinegar is an economical and “green friendly” cleaning solution for the environment. Vinegar and water make an excellent cleaning solution. Cleaning with vinegar is an disinfectant.
1) Clean Your Microwave With Vinegar: In a microwave dish add 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup vinegar and heat it up for about 3 minutes. When your done you will be able to easily clean that stuck on grease and food from the microwave.
2) Clean Your Coffee Maker With Vinegar: Once a month you should run vinegar and water through your coffee maker to clean it out. This will greatly improve the taste of your coffee. Pour a small amount of vinegar in your coffee maker, allow it to sit for a few minutes to start cleaning. Then turn it on and allow the vinegar to run through. Depending on how often you clean your coffee maker you may need to run vinegar through a few times to remove the stains. After you are finished you must run clean water through your coffee maker and coffee pot to remove any vinegar taste.
3) Clean Hard Water Stains: To clean hard water stains from your toilet bowl pour a good amount of vinegar into the bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes. To clean your shower put a little vinegar in a spray bottle and fill it with water.
4) Clean Linoleum and Hard Wood Floors: To clean your linoleum and hard wood floors add half a cup of vinegar to a bucket of warm water.
5) Clean Your Dishwasher With Vinegar: To clean and deodorize your dishwasher add a cup of vinegar to your empty dishwasher and run the cycle.